Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Thing # 24

There are three main reasons why I enjoyed the learning 2.0 program.

1. This program has given me a chance to explore tools that I had never heard of before, or tools that I seldom used.

2. It created a lot of involvement and interaction from the staff. Everyday, people were talking about what they liked / disliked about certain tools.

3. It really got me thinking about how web 2.0 tools can be applied to library services and programs. I've been opened up to new ideas thanks to reading other blogs and examples from other libraries.


Another positive about this program is that I discovered some tools that I will continue to use. Bloglines is something that I had never used, but I use it at home and will continue to use it. I like Library Thing and plan to keep on using that as well. The open office programs are pretty cool, and I plan on using those more in the future. The program itself was executed in a great way, so I can't really think of anything right now that could of been done differently. And yes, I would definitely do another discovery program like this again.

No comments: